The world has gone abso-fucking-lutely insane.
Let me make a list:
- Hugs is dead.
- Rivers and rain of acid.
- Westcrown is a wasteland.
- Westpool has been replaced by some camp where the dead come alive at night.
- A giant hole in the ground a few leagues north of where Westcrown used to be.
- The camp is run like a foreign country with the worst exchange rates I’ve ever seen.
- Aroden is alive. Sort of.
- Ghouls seem to have citizenship.
- A battleground stretches north from Westcrown possibly all the way to Egorian if it still exists.
- Met a
guytiefling whose profession is “dungeon explorer?”. Maybe he’s a Pathfinder?
- Found a shrine with a plaque with Janiven’s name on it. Called her a liberator. I’m going to miss her.
- Met an ogre. An ogre of all things! And not one of those inbred sister-fuckers from Varisia.
- Viggo wears Roy’s skull as a hat and thinks it talks to him.
Oh man Hugs got herself frozen in time for the duration of our stay in the vault with that crazy halfling Tisa. Then not ten minutes later some crazy chaos beasts called slaad killed her. What was she thinking? She’s smarter than to rush into battle all recklessly like that! I buried her and made a note where her body is. When I can get the means I’m bringing her back. She didn’t deserve to die like this years beyond her time and alone except for the guy who keeps finding trouble for her.
Titus takes a pull from the whiskey flask. Aged 100 years. Not bad.
That devil Livia is still around. She is useful even when she is being a pain in the ass. I wonder what keeps her around. Probably thinks Viggo can be tricked into selling her his soul like their former companion the tiefling Nico. That guy sounds like he was a bit touched in the head. I’ll have to keep one eye on her.
I have no idea what the hell happened to the world. The ogre doesn’t seem to know much. Neither does the tielfing who seems to have been bred as some kind of pit fighter. Livia cast a communion ritual to speak with more powerful devils but we didn’t find out much. We were too concerned about find ways to stay alive and get around paying usurious rates with the appropriately named master of The Camp, The Usurer. When she can charge back up we’ll have to ask more about the world at large. It would be nice to get out of this hellhole. But we have to afford to. According to Zarthose this is an area where treasure seekers congregate. I guess that is what we must become.