Janiven Key thought briefly about her former career as a bodyguard. Protecting a single person from all possible threats now seemed easy. How do you guard a movement? It was so hard to foresee the dangers. “I guess we will deal with them as they appear”
All right, here are the assignments.
1. We need people at the estate, growing grapes. It’s important that this work, it supports all the rest.
2. We need people working the mine. This is how we pay for it.
3. We need a crew at the Shrine, receiving freed slaves. They are normally in rough shape, sometimes injured, always exhausted and terrified. Move them into the tunnels when able.
4. We need people on escort duty, moving freed slaves and silver to Villa Zarios. The silver gets spent on regular expenses, and shouldn’t raise an eyebrow.
5. Freed slaves, and cheap wine ship to Piren’s Bluff. The wine is legitimate business, but we
will “lose” a few workers each trip. Still, we need a crew for shipping. Dhugo’s volunteered for this already.
6. We need a crew in Piren’s Bluff, running the wine business, and assisting freed slaves to get established in Andoran.
7. As word gets out among the slaves that escape is possible, we build hope. As we (and this is the tough detail) liberate the city from the shadow creatures, we build opportunity. We need a crew for that as well, and I know just who is crazy enough to do it.
8. Finally, when the slaves have both hope and opportunity, we will see some change in Westcrown.
It’s a complicated plan, but Arael had us working toward this all along. and dammit, we’re going to finish the job.